"When guys dress up they try to go for funny, but women go for sexy Why is that?"
I think it really is different for everyone. BUT frequently it is a reflection of how they see themselves or how they wish they were.
The girls. As professional as they may be, women rarely lose the desire to be admired. That is generations of conditioning that can't be lost by a professional education.
So you can generalize and not be off the mark by too much.
- The sexy cop - Someone slightly domineering but still needs acceptance and to be admired for their physical beauty/attributes.
- The sexy nurse - Someone who really enjoys helping people but again, has a need to be admired.
- The sexy vampire - Whoa. Watch out for this girl. She does some crazy things and is very confident with herself, but still, needs admiration.
For men, this is much easier but at the same time, more varied.
- The superhero - Over-confident, wants all women to come to them for everything but fly's off when the going gets tough.
- The funny guy - Usually not so confident and tries to win women over with their quirky sense of humor.
- The dark monk or evil guy - This guy doesn't care anymore. He prefers to be shielded and scary to protect himself from his low self-esteem. It is the one night he can feel mighty and powerful but still hide behind a mask.
- It is extraordinarily extravagant or,
- It is nothing like the person you thought you knew.
A reflection of one's personality, or depending on the quantity of Joker's this year, total lack of one.
I've worn my share of protective masks. I've done the dark and done the silly. It usually DOES reflect my mood or personality at the time. Never the loudest, never the most extravagant. Always,