Monday, October 13, 2008

Movie Monday Meme

For this, Monday the 13th, I have chosen the appropriately titled;

Ignore the fact that this movie received a 35% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was a very enjoyable action flick that I will most definitely watch again. Sure its one of those, famous actor portrays a protagonist of another race, but I don't think Antonio Banderas did a bad job. Though I would never confuse this Hispanic guy for a Muslim, this movie is still very entertaining. Normally I wouldn't support the fact that they replace actors of another race but he isn't at all offensive like the old movies in the 40's and 50's. In fact he makes them look far superior in many aspects including, but not limited to, cleanliness.

This movie was based on a novel written by Michael Crichton, who in my opinion is the Michael Bay of the novel world. So expect silly laughter and unbelievable action.

If you liked Beowulf or 300, you will enjoy this movie.

If you have a movie to suggest, post it in ANY FORMAT you choose then come here and post a link to your blog post about that movie so we can all go see it and participate on your blog and maybe even interact a little with each other. A meme is a group thing so it means nothing without your participation. :)

6 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

lol, what's a meme? *embarrassed*

HektikLyfe said...

Its just like Tagging except you tag EVERYONE who wants to be involved. So say you wanted to play.

My meme is about movie recommendations like our old Flicknight group on MySpace remember that? You post a blog on your page recommending a movie popular or cult, that you think people should give a chance. Like you suggested my wife and I watch Awake. Then you come to this weeks blogpost here on my page and you post a link to your blog telling us you participated so the readers of The Silent Podium can go and participate in yours too.

Its a great way to share readers and develop a community without groups functionality on BlogSpot.

OR you could just post it here like Iris did if your blog is private.

I have considered creating another blog and adding people as members to create that community feel but I wanted to have more participants first. So far I think there is only 1. If this is something people want to do I'm more than willing to create it or join someone else's if they create it.

Or if this fails I will just stick to my reviews.

Nana Net said...

Hek,
I tried watching this one but kept falling asleep during it. Not sure why. But wanted to let you know.
Enjoy the day today.

HektikLyfe said...

Really? I found it interesting. It wasn't an exciting "Action" movie it was more like an interesting storybook tale. Sorry to hear that.

Sarah Jane said...

Oh ok! And the movie is not Awake, it's Waking Life ;)

HektikLyfe said...

Snap you're right! I confused it with the Jessica Alba movie we just watched. Good catch.