Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Disorganized Thoughts - A Really, Really Bad Poem

Sometimes whilst walking,
I hear my my inner self just talking.
Random thoughts like conspiracy plots,
But with a grim face like I were stalking.

While at work or there at home,
I sit with friends or all alone.
My mind will wander to lands yonder,
About nothing more complex than a rotary phone.

How do people who wear diapers make it to Senator?
Or why does the rear end of a turkey look like The Predator.


(Yet still taste so delicious!)

Sometimes I'm lost in thought all day,
I'm quiet mostly with not much to say.
So I come here to Blogger to play,
Where my disorganized thoughts are fired away.

I'm no poet, for that I apologize but I just felt like jotting something down on a less than productive day here on blogger.

P.S. Thanks to Diva for the turkeypic! Check her blog for a GREAT Thanksgiving recipe!

13 comments:

The Diva on a Diet said...

I don't mind at all, Hektik! I loved the poem and am delighted to see my bird here. (Personally, I think it looks like a stealth bomber - but your image is remarkably similar!)

Iris said...

*Snapping fingers* Cool cool...

JK

I liked your poem.

I really enjoy coming back to read your blogs again and again.

Bunny said...

You crack me up :D This is by far the best piece of writing I've ever read. LOL No seriously, it's awesome.

eizzy.k said...

LoL,
4 an ameture...that was great!
trully captures the mind of a blogger!
:-D

ryan said...

awesome! and i'm not just talking about the predator. great poem.

Anonymous said...

for a first time poetry it's pretty good, rhymes and all!

Am hungry for chicken now after seeing that picture......

Dawn Marie said...

ohhhh what a different way to look at a turkeys behind...I might have to point that out to my kids this thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

so many questions.

HektikLyfe said...

>Diva: Stealth bomber sounds so much cooler...don't know what I could have used to rhyme to it though. Calmer? Palmer? Solemner? Psalm-ner? XD

>Iris: Thank you, that's why are always at the top of the commentators list. :)

>Docteur: Thanks. I was just being silly though so don't think I'm going to turn this into Kool Kat Korner or anything.

>eizzy.k: Yeah, I don't think I would even qualify for amateur. It was just filler.

>Ryan: Heh thanks! I really liked Poe as a kid so you may recognize some of the tempo from The Raven in there.

>Vivienne: This is what I am saying! Diva has been posting cooking tips for Thanksgiving and I'm getting this huge appetite for turkey. I'm going to get so fat next week.

>Dawnie: LOL, make sure you do it AFTER they eat. I always thought the Predator looked gross. I'll stick to drumsticks thanks. ;) I'm sure the stuffing tastes great but you'll never catch me digging in there.

>BetterSTS: Ask away.

Jose said...

HA! That was raw and unabashed. I appreciate you not being a poet but still posting a rhyme. Thank you for ruining turkey for me! :D

HektikLyfe said...

>Jose: AND unedited! Sorry about the turkey, I guess I have a challenger for the drum sticks?!?

Douglas said...

Good poem, clever thoughts. When I look at the turkey carcass at the end of a meal, I get these mental images of the bleached skulls of cattle in the desert. And, sometimes, of Senator Byrd.

HektikLyfe said...

>Douglas: I never liked Bugs Bunny when he wore that bleached Buffalo skull though at times I find myself walking with that same creepy bouncing gate he would use to scare Elmer Fudd.