Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Blogger Award

I am all for community interaction and appreciation so when Lea Self awarded me the #1 spot on her people's choice type Superior Scribbler Award post, I was flattered. She refers to The Silent Podium as "gruesomely real." I couldn't find a better description if I tried. :)

As a person that loves to bend the rules but rarely break them, I will do so yet again. According to this award system we are supposed to choose 5 other people to give the award to. I have many readers who don't have 5 followers so with that in mind I propose this minor change.

I will select 1. Not out of laziness. I could easily pick 5 really good blogs out of the followers here but I thought it would make it easier and that much more significant for the selected award winner to receive this honor and pay it forward.

Here are the original rules.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award. (http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html)
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Now the tough part. Choosing my singular winner. Keep in mind that I will no judge based strictly on content but formatting and accessibility. So those of you with fantastic blogs but who for reason or another keep them private, you will not be selected. Not because I don't think you deserve it though. :)

After much debating with myself, I have decided to award this Superior Scribbler Award to Leah Friessen for her Fraternal Mom blog. I really like the way she keeps the blog need and tidy. It is clean, well formatted and to the point. The way she writes makes you feel like you are having a conversation with a friend. Leah, you can choose whether you want to abide by the 5 selection rule or stick with my 1. I just thought it would carry more weight with a single choice.

8 comments:

Iris said...

I went to read some of her blogs. I liked the one about family drama. Her format is very neat, I agree.

HektikLyfe said...

>Iris: Yes its a very personal blog yet it manages to maintain a very professional appearance. She doesn't write that often but when she does, it is always an interesting read.

Sarah Jane said...

Choosing just one blogger is a better way to do it. Choosing 5 is just making it a Pyramid scheme to get readers.

Dawn Marie said...

Well congrats on your award and I think your idea rocks. While I understand that passing it along to 5 bloggers is really a way to try and gain readers and regular visitors,,it is hard for those of us who havent yet built a following. I found it very difficult myself.

Mr. Nall said...

And rightly so! Thanks very much for following De Factoids, HektikLyfe. I've just posted a new entry.

Best,

AJN
http://adamjamesnall.blogspot.com/

HektikLyfe said...

>Sarah: I think that is what they are doing which is cool if they want to generate more readers like Dawnie says. I don't have that many either but I like keeping a small humble groups so we can have more personal conversations and not have this impersonal name and number back and forth you know?

>Dawnie: Sometimes a small group of honest readers is better than a large group of jerks. :)

>Adam: De Factoids is so full of information it really is incredible. I like reading your blog to remind me of how lacking I am in my knowledge of linguistic and culinary history.

Mr. Nall said...

Thanks again, HektikLyfe. I remember you leaving me a comment on the forum when the De Factoid project first started, so it is nice to know it's still of interest!

Best,

AJN
http://adamjamesnall.blogspot.com/

HektikLyfe said...

I keep track. You have some great information. I don't comment much because it is so frequently way over my head I would feel like an idiot even speaking...XD

If I literally speak to keyboard then we're in serious trouble.