Sick of "Why doesn't anyone comment on my blog?" whiners?
Ask them if they bothered to comment on other people's blogs themselves and watch them ignore you.
Here are my 5 steps to a successful BlogSpot Blog.
1. Create an easy to remember blog address. The extra .blogspot.com already makes things confusing for some people so avoid hieroglyphics in your blog name, as witty as you may think it is. 1hotMLF4u.blogspot for example is terrible. Not to mention a little gross.
2. Fill it with content. Don't post one "Hello World" blog and then ask people to comment. This isn't MySpace or Facebook. You need to have something to say. Try asking questions...
3. Keep it clean. Not the content but the design. Don't fill it with flashy crap, again, like MySpace. People don't want to visit your page if it takes a minute and a half to load and then it only crashes when it runs out of memory. Don't make it look like something from the movie Blade Runner that might induce seizures in children.
4. This is perhaps the most important of all 5 steps. You comment first. Visit other people's blogs and thoroughly read through their blogs. Comment on their pages. Put some thought into it to, no fluff. You will be amazed how quickly people will reciprocate.
5. Appreciate your readers. Once they visit, keep them involved. Ask them questions. Mold your blog spot into theirs. Give them what they want if you want to keep them. Remember that they also most likely have blogs of their own. Offer them what they can't do themselves but still cover topics they are interested in. Comment on your readers blogs and maintain the sense of community. Don't act like a movie star and brush off autographs.