Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rifling Through The Garbage (5-13-08) 30 Reads

Current mood:mischievous
I don't normally take religious fanatics seriously. But I must be honest and admit that I find what they have to say incredibly interesting. When their "logical" connections point them to "conclusions" and "proof" I find it terribly entertaining.

Some of the more archaic religions like to strike fear in their followers as motivation for behavioral control. Many of the older religions like to view and treat their followers as lowly ignorant peons. "They couldn't possibly understand the complexities of God so let's interpret it to them in a caveman capacity." Do or Die. Fear the wrath of God. Books, music, technology, videogames are EVIL! Other religions, and not donating as much money as your neighbor, are evil acts too.

Some time ago, my wife and I were discussing my really, really basic understanding of Chaos Theory.

Somehow we came upon the topic of bees. I believe I was really angry and disgusted by some bugs I found out in the yard. I really hate insects and I have an uncontrollable urge to smash them all. When I smash them, I smash them HARD. It all goes back to a bee attack many years ago I may blog about at a later date if people are interested enough to hear it.So I spoke rashly and said that I was angry at the fact that bee's could sting. I know wasps, hornets and yellow jackets are the real bad guys but I kind of group them together as bee's when I am not taking part in a serious discussion. I said I wished that there weren't any bee's in the world. My wife asked about honey. I love honey but I said I could learn to live without it. Now I know that any plant or creatures extinction can have catastrophic repercussions to the world we inhabit but I was in a facetious mood trying to forget the disgusting bug image I had burned in my head.Today I searched for more information regarding the mysterious bee disappearances. I found an article titled, "Missing Bees, Cell Phones and Fulfillment of Bible Prophecy." I was excited already. I thought, "Great, I'm in the mood for a good laugh; let me give this a read."

"The bee losses are ranging from 30 to 60 percent on the West Coast, with some beekeepers on the East Coast and in Texas reporting losses of more than 70 percent; beekeepers consider a loss of up to 20 percent in the off season to be normal."

"They (some scientists) are putting forward the theory that radiation given off by mobile phones and other hi-tech gadgets is a possible answer to one of the more bizarre mysteries ever to happen in the natural world!"

"The theory is that radiation from mobile phones interferes with bees' navigation systems, preventing the famously home-loving species from finding their way back to their hives."

"The implications of the spread are alarming. Most of the world's crops depend on pollination by bees. Albert Einstein once said that if the bees disappeared, 'man would have only four years of life left.'"

Then comes the religious connection.

"Revelation 6:6 - Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, 'A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!'"
Although the Bible plainly speaks of great famine in the last days, the prophetic words of Revelation 6:6 states that the olive and grape harvest will not be damaged.

In general, breeders have assumed that grapes were either completely self- fertilizing or were cross-pollinated by wind, so that in either case insects were considered of no value. The grape harvest will not be affected by the missing bee population.

Bees and other insects play a minor role in olive pollination; wind moves most of the pollen from tree to tree. Most olive varieties are self-fertile, but increased production often results from cross pollination. And neither will the olive harvest be affected by CCD."

And the final nail on the cross...err...coffin.

"Grape and olive oil production will only be minimally impacted by Colony Collapse Disorder while much of the fruit, vegetable and nut production will be severely reduced resulting in famine. These end time biblical prophecies are coming to pass within our own lifetimes demonstrating once again that the Word of God is true and to be trusted."

You know how whenever there are cataclysmic disasters you get these weirdos proclaiming how Nostradamus predicted the events long ago? This is kind of the same thing, except there are a whole lot more people that believe it.

"God said there would be cleansing in fire, and well, there is the sun right there, and uh...it IS kind of hot today."

Here's a thought, try something a little less foreboding to scare people to join your church and pay/donate for the collection/sermon.

Comment from my wife: " I can't help it. This scares me. I know what your point was, but it still gave me chills O__O"