Monday, December 15, 2008

Blurbs - The Truth in Numbers

My taught me this and I thought I would pass it on.

A curious blend of Psychology and Numerology I like to call Pnumchology. Yeah. Say that twice with a mouthful of milk.

  1. Pick your favorite number from 1 through 9.
  2. Multiply it by 3.
  3. Add 3.
  4. Multiply it again by 3.
  5. You will get a 2 digit number.
  6. Add both digits together then click on Read More to find out which of these historical characters your Psychological Profile is most like.



  1. Albert Einstein
  2. Nelson Mandela
  3. Gandhi
  4. John F. Kennedy
  5. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
  6. Maya Angelou
  7. Bill Gates
  8. St. Peter
  9. Jeffrey Dahmer
  10. Barrack Obama


Dahmer? Really? You are a sick, sick person. Perhaps you should speak to a therapist.

9 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

This has to be a joke where everyone gets number 9, right? Or is it just me?
:O

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you're right. This must be a joke. I got 9 as well. Tried it 3 or 4 times with different numbers and kept on getting 9.

I am NOT like JD. But this is awesome! I'd like to know how the math works on this one :P

Iris said...

LOL! Who taught you this?

Awesome!

~prand

Anonymous said...

Hysterical!

Unknown said...

I knew it!

I need to clean out my freezer then.

Jessica said...

omg i knew that all the numbers would end up 9 when the last bit about seeing a therapist or whatever came up. BTW, I watch your wife iris's videos on youtube, she's really good at hair and stuff, and also how i got to this blog, so um...thank her!

Sarah Jane said...

I, too, love Iris' videos :)

HektikLyfe said...

>Sarah Jane: Yep. I was always amazed by these simple little math tricks as a kid. I still don't completely understand the logic behind it. I mean I see the math and how they all come to the same conclusion, I just don't understand why.

>Farhan: Put it into a spreadsheet and watch it work.

>Iris: My wonderful, wonderful wife.

>Rebecca: I found it really entertaining too. I changed it up a bit to make it a slightly newer experience.

>Marcy: Make room for the limbs! Ahh man that reminds me of this terrible movie of a guy who accidentally killed someone and then accidentally ate them. Then accidentally fed it to everyone around him. Really gross. Why was that on TV????

>Jessica: I thank her every day. :)

>Sarah: I hope you all keep watching them and recommend them to your friends!

Anonymous said...

I figured it out! It's cuz you multiply the number by 3 twice, which is essentially the same as multiplying it by 9 once; the digits of multiples of 9 ALWAYS add up to nine... so you will ALWAYS end up with 9! That's a dirty little trick, but a clever one!