Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kanye (11-14-07) 36 Reads

INTRO:  This blog was posted LOOOOONG before anyone hated him.   It was just after his mother passed away.  So yes, very insensitive of me.


Current mood:busy
Am I the only one who doesn't like Kanye?
Never heard the guy rap about anything but himself and how great he is.  Fine, rap is usually all about bragging but something in his music just felt like he was serious about how great he thought he was.
If I am correct, then he will milk it by doing a song about his mother soon.
Sorry if its touchy although I'm sure none of my readers know anyone involved personally.
I'm sorry if I don't feel bad about someone dying while doing something out of vanity.



COMMENTS:
  • Eric: I like Kanye West somewhat, but I am no huge fan of him or anything.

    And I thought all rappers thought they were great.

    • HektikLyfe Remember Young M.C.? He used to brag but he was down to earth in interviews. Same with Ice Cube back in the days of Pump it Up.

      Now its a full time act.

      I believe that's a big (head) reason why the Rap industry is losing money.

  • RAFIKI Kanye West makes great music, but he's a douchebag.


  • Nelson: I feel the EXACT same way


  • foo: He did a song about his mother on his first album I think it was. I don't really know much about the guy to be honest.


  • Molly: I have to agree with you. That was one of the first things I also thought when I heard she passed away. I can imagine his next album being titled "Post College Trauma". Now if he doesn't do this, I would say that would show us all... and we are jerks for assuming the worst from him.

    Bottom line in rap/r&b, it's not about the message anymore, it's about the money. Have you ever heard the lyrics to "This is Why I'm Hot" by M.I.M.s? Here's a snippet:

    "This is why I'm hot, I don't gotta rap; I can sell a mill saying nothing on the track".

    And with that being said... Kayne is a brilliant business man, he is padding his pockets w/shallow music and overall doing extremely well at it. The death of his mom is definitely rocking his world right now, and for that we should at least hope for the best from him.

    Great blog! Thank you for bringing this up!