Monday, March 30, 2009

Meme - Getting to Know You



2009 Edition of getting to know your Friends

Vivienne has tagged me. I hope you all play along as well.

Copy and paste the questions below into a new post and tag anyone you want and also link me so I can read what you wrote! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



1. What time did you get up this morning?
6-ish. I never know for sure. I usually come to in the shower at some point.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Neither but if I had to choose I guess diamonds. They look more interesting. Pearls look like something only old ladies wear.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Drive-in cinema: The Watchmen Sit-down theater....I think Bolt?

5. What do you usually have for breakfast
Bagle with cream cheese. Sometimes a Toaster Strudel or a cinnamon twist. Occasionally cereal or fruit. There is no usual I guess.

6. What is your middle name?
I prefer not to disclose this information.

7. What food do you dislike?
Anything fancy that you can't figure out. If you don't know what kind of animal or plant it came from, I would stay away from it. Or if it is an animal you can keep as a pet...I would also stay away from it.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
What the hell is a CD? Is it those archaic and delicate plastic coasters people burn MP3's to? If so, I haven't purchased one in almost a decade. Any one of the albums in my Amazon Suggested Music box in the sidebar.

9. What kind of car do you drive?
A hybrid.

10. Favorite sandwich?
Usually basic. Meat, lettuce and a little American cheese and tomato. None of that vinegar crap that makes it smell like feet. I also like the meatball subs from Subway.

11. What characteristic do you despise?
My nervousness. Is loudness a characteristic. When someone is louder than they need to be, rambunctious or cocky, I secretly picture them dead. Partly why I don't watch sports.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
My boxers.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
I would stay in the U.S. People hate American Citizens right now. I can't say I blame them but I would hate to be used as an example let alone put my family at risk for retribution. I would like some day to see New York. That or a creepy tour of Salem Massachusetts.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
Oddly enough I DO have a favorite brand. Anchor Blue. They have soft shirts and good jeans. They fit loose enough to be comfortable and their materials don't make me all antsy like other brands do.

15. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere far away from traffic, most humans and smog. As long as there is a Best Buy nearby and internet access I'm good.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
See answer 11.

18. Furthest place you are sending this?
This doesn't make any sense. I the furthest place I am sending it is probably Google HQ. Everyone else comes to get it from there.

19. Person you expect to send it back first?
My wife might play along but that's about it. Vivienne would have but she got to it first.

20. When is your birthday?
I also refuse to disclose this information.

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night person all the way. I'm like a Vampire in the morning.

22. What is your shoe size?
Depends on the shoe. Usually 9.5 or 10 US. (That's what she said.)

23. Pets?
My wife and I have the worlds greatest dog.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
Not publicly but my life has been full of surprises lately. Mostly good some really bad.

25. What did you want to be when you were little?
At first an astronaut. Then I experienced an unpleasant event that created the claustrophobic individual I am today. I saw their Space Shuttle sleeping quarters and I lost all interest. Then I wanted to be an Archaeologist but the light OCD kept me from keeping my hands dirty for longer than 2 minutes. I aimed a lot lower and decided I may have fun working as a writer but those dreams were shattered by reality. My stories were terrible. I just gave up and here we are.

26. How are you today?
Anxious to get home. I hate being away from there right now knowing that my family is waiting for me.

27. What is your favorite candy
Right now it is Sour Gummy Savers!

28. What is your favorite flower?
The Iris. :)

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are so many of them EVERY YEAR!

30. What is your full name?
None of my names really describe me.

31. What are you listening to right now?
The air conditioning and my typing.

32. What was the last thing you ate?
51 oz. of water.

33. Do you wish on stars?
I wish to have their mysteries discovered in my lifetime. Does that count?

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Probably some shade of dark blue.

35. How is the weather right now?
No idea, I will probably find out during lunch...oh wait!

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
My wife of course!

37. Favorite soft drink?
I like to mix Sprite and Hawaiian Punch. But I really like Sour Apple Jones.

38. Favorite restaurant?
In-N-Out Burger is great but that's not really a "restaurant" per se. I guess Denny's. Its ghetto but they have everything.

39. Real hair color?
I don't know. I have dark brown with some red hairs in there. Like RED red. :?

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Probably my Transformers but I really liked my Hot Wheels. I still have them all.

41. Summer or winter?
Summer because of the lack of traffic during the commute but Winter for the weather and the fireplace-blanket-movie night-snuggling. (Haa Vivienne we finally disagree on something!)

42. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs. So much can be said with a hug.

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla (Make that 2 V.) I have yet to find a bad variation of Vanilla yet I have had some terrible, terrible chocolate. Dark chocolate......*tweak.

44. Coffee or tea?
Neither. I don't drink caffeine and tea has more than soda BUT if I were to drink one, it would be tea. When I get really sick I have recently started drinking tea though the resulting caffeine migraines don't seem worth it.

45. Do you want your followers to reply?
It would be cool.

47. What is under your bed?
Drawers with seasonal clothes and power cables that connect all our recharging docks on the headboard.

48. What did you do last night?
A lot. Wrote a blog (somewhere else) and attached a short video to it. Paid some bills, canceled four magazine subscriptions, cleaned the entertainment room somewhat, burned...something, scanned a computer for virus and malware apps, updated my iPhone, killed some fools in the iMafia game on the iPhone, picked up some Ceviche from a local Mariscos place that I hope to never need to enter again and a lot of other miscellaneous things.

49. What are you afraid of?
Painful death. The death of others.

50. Salty or sweet?
Salty usually but I also like sweet. I don't have a preference really as long as they aren't together.

51. How many keys on your key ring?
Around 10.

52. How many years at your current job?
I'm going on 3 I think.

53. Favorite day of the week?
Saturday. Wake up late stay up late.

54. How many towns have you lived in?
4 starting with Hollywood.

55. Do you make friends easily?
Not at all. Many people find the first impression I make a bit standoffish.

56. How many people do you think will read this?
Maybe 2.

57. How many will respond?
Maybe 1.

Wow that was long.

3 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

Hey I've missed your posts!

I will do this--glad your doing ok.

Dawn Marie said...

i had to come back to respond--lol

1. What time did you get up this morning?
around 6, lately i'm excited to get up!

2. Diamonds or pearls?
i really could care less.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Madea goes to jail..loved it! what happenned to #4? lol

5. What do you usually have for breakfast
ice water and M'M's!

6. What is your middle name?
Marie

7. What food do you dislike?
green peppers, its a childhood thing.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
depends on my mood
9. What kind of car do you drive?
Pontiac G-6

10. Favorite sandwich?
depends on my mood

11. What characteristic do you despise?
self centeredness-which I dont have..and i hate it.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
anything ugly and comfy.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
San Francisco, its one of my dreams.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
anything comfy.
15. Where would you retire to?
a warm spot at the beach.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
oh please...

18. Furthest place you are sending this?i'm not lol

19. Person you expect to send it back first?
dosnt apply

20. When is your birthday?
quite far away now!

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
morning!

22. What is your shoe size?
71/2 to 8
23. Pets?
No I have the sweetest dog!

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
I'm expecting 2 grandsons this summer!

25. What did you want to be when you were little?
alive!

26. How are you today?
great!

27. What is your favorite candy
anyone who knows me would tell you all the same answer--M'M's!

28. What is your favorite flower?
carnation

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
every day i'm alive.

30. What is your full name?
Dawn Marie
31. What are you listening to right now?
baldyman's big mouth.

32. What was the last thing you ate?
asparagus..ummm

33. Do you wish on stars?
nope

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
i have no clue.

35. How is the weather right now?
cool, sunny, windy
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
someone at work...

37. Favorite soft drink?
Ice cold Coke!

38. Favorite restaurant?
depends on my mood

39. Real hair color?
dark brown

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
barbie
41. Summer or winter?
summer
42. Hugs or kisses?
depends if i want booty or not!

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
chocolate!
44. Coffee or tea?
tea!

45. Do you want your followers to reply?
yep

47. What is under your bed?
I dont know i just hope its dead

48. What did you do last night?
sat in the hot tub which was to cold and ran to bed!

49. What are you afraid of?
God!

50. Salty or sweet?
sweet

51. How many keys on your key ring?
probably 3

52. How many years at your current job?
4

53. Favorite day of the week?
all of them

54. How many towns have you lived in?
2

55. Do you make friends easily?
nope, but when I do--its for life. I dont trust easily and alot of people think I"m standoffish also. they mistake my shyness and mistrust for standoffish.

56. How many people do you think will read this?
Maybe 2.

57. How many will respond?
Maybe 1.

Anonymous said...

I DO like the fireplace-blanket-movie-snuggling but I have to say summer ROCKS.

Thanks for filling it in, didn't realize it's so long was very distracted with it yesterday!