Thursday, September 29, 2011

ZiTS

This may seem a little off topic even for me, but I just realized how vital this information could have been to me when I was in High School if I only had it. Out of curiosity I decided to search out some tips just to find out of the information was readily accessible.

Most of what I found were tidbits of information buried in pages overflowing with ads and expensive product sponsorships. So I thought I would post what I have learned in retrospect with some tips that I have seen work.

The very first thing you need to realize is that there is no magic solution. You shouldn’t be searching for a fire extinguisher. You should be hunting for the match that started the fire to begin with. The fact is that there is no easy way to get rid of them. They are tough but they are not invincible.

If you follow these rules STRICTLY you WILL notice a decrease in acne on your face. They aren’t in any particular order as they are all as important and the next. I am not including any magical tricks or special recipes. These are simple rules that are logical and basic. Some are difficult to abide by but how seriously you take this problem will show as a direct result in your complexion.
  • Wash your face often. Seems simple enough but you would be amazed how much this will help if you do it regularly. If you feel your face dirty or sweaty, wash it as soon as possible and use a clean towel.
  • Avoid touching your face with your bare hands. Our fingers carry oils and the dirt from everything we touch. Just don’t do it.
  • Avoid makeup. Yes I realize a lot of ladies use makeup to hide those pimples but you are only making the problem worse. Stick to lipstick and eye products exclusively.
  • Eat healthy. I KNOW how hard this is but it is critical. Avoid greasy and spicy foods.
  • Sleep well. Sleep at least 7-8 hours a night.
  • Wash your sheets and pillowcase even replacing your pillow if it looks ugly. (Buy 7 pillowcases and wash on Friday.)
  • Drink a lot of water. How to gage if you’re drinking enough? It may seem gross but your urine should be clear.
  • If you’re an adult, consider having more sex if it isn't against your faith to do so. This really, seriously works. (I can’t vouch for whether or not this works for teenage acne so don’t take my word for this one.)
  • Wash your clothes and towels often.

If you follow those rules above you WILL see reduced acne. I just thought I would share.